You can reduce the risk of serious injury by keeping cords up high and out of reach
Until you can replace corded window coverings, make sure to:
- Always keep cords out of reach.
- Follow the manufacturer's instructions and read all warnings.
- Never place cribs, beds, and playpens near a window where a child could reach a cord.
- Do not place any piece of furniture that a child can climb, near a window.
- Securely attach tension devices supplied with corded window coverings to the wall so children can't place the cord around their neck.
- Install a cleat or tie-down device up high on the wall and use it to keep cords out of reach.
Never tie knots in cords. Immediately untie any knots that form accidentally. Remove any devices that form dangling loops, whether at the bottom, middle, or top of the cords.